Kenneth Boroson Architects was commissioned by New Haven’s Livable City Initiative to renovate and modernize a group of vacant brick row houses that had been rescued from demolition by neighborhood preservationists.
Two of the buildings were constructed in 1897; one in the early 1900s. Known collectively as The Three Sisters, they originally served as residences for nurses working at the former Grace-New Haven Hospital.
The three masonry structures required full exterior restoration as well as complete asbestos and mold remediation throughout.
Adaptive Re-use and Restoration
12 condominium units
Completed in 2008